Re: BUG #18396: Assert in gistFindCorrectParent() fails on inserting large tuples into gist index

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: BUG #18396: Assert in gistFindCorrectParent() fails on inserting large tuples into gist index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Heikki and Tender Wang,

19.03.2024 17:26, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 19/03/2024 14:07, Tender Wang wrote:
>> Thanks for your report. I can reproduce this issue.
>> I try to delete the Assert, no coredump anymore.
>> I need some time to learn GiST to find the root cause.
>
> If you're interested to work on this, Tender, maybe you can figure that out?

Thank you for looking at this!

I'm also bothered by errors "no empty local buffer available" produced
(on master, but not on REL_12_STABLE) when inserting larger tuples:
INSERT INTO t SELECT '' FROM generate_series(1, 500) g;
INSERT INTO t SELECT
  (SELECT string_agg('text' || g, ' ') FROM generate_series(1, 700) g)
  FROM generate_series(1, 30);

Are those errors expected?

Best regards,
Alexander

Сообщение: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded