Re: Inserting Unicode into Postgre

От Firestar
Тема Re: Inserting Unicode into Postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tatsuo, thanks for your fast reply.

My string (which contains big5 characters) is originally read from an
inputstream, and created by:
    insertStmt = new String(bytes, "big5")

Since all strings in java is in unicode, so if i enable unicode support with
postgre7.1, JDBC should now
be able to insert the string correctly into the database?

Btw, i dun seem to be able to find the JDBC driver for postgre 7.1 on the
website. I guess i have to build
it myself during the installation (as suggested by the readme file)?

Thanks in advance,
Firestar

"Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> wrote in message
> > I'm currently using PostgreSQL 7.0 on Solaris. My Java program receives
> > strings in Big5
> > encoding and will store them in PostgreSQL (via JDBC). However, the
inserted
> > strings become
> > multiple '?' (question marks) instead everytime i do a insert command.
And