Re: [POC] Fast COPY FROM command for the table with foreign partitions

От Andrey V. Lepikhov
Тема Re: [POC] Fast COPY FROM command for the table with foreign partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/1/20 2:02 PM, Amit Langote wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 2:40 PM tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
> <tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com> wrote:
>> From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>
 >> The code appears to require both BeginForeignCopy and EndForeignCopy,
 >> while the following documentation says they are optional.  Which is
 >> correct?  (I suppose the latter is correct just like other existing
 >> Begin/End functions are optional.)

Fixed.

 > Anyway, one thing we could do is rename
 > ExecRelationAllowsMultiInsert() to ExecSetRelationUsesMultiInsert(

Renamed.

 >> I agree with your idea of adding multi_insert argument to
ExecFindPartition() to request a multi-insert-capable partition.  At
first, I thought ExecFindPartition() is used for all operations,
insert/delete/update/select, so I found it odd to add multi_insert
argument.  But ExecFindPartion() is used only for insert, so
multi_insert argument seems okay.

 > Good.  Andrey, any thoughts on this?

I have no serious technical arguments against this, other than code
readability and reduce of a routine parameters. Maybe we will be
rethinking it later?

The new version rebased on commit 525e60b742 is attached.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

Вложения