Re: Re: Changing a schema's name with function1 calling function2

От Wilma Wantren
Тема Re: Re: Changing a schema's name with function1 calling function2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Great that you have discussed this further! And sorry that what I wrote is apparently still misleading.
Peter understood me correctly, "__function_schema__ always refers to the schema the function actually is in".
I define:
1. create function my_schema.function1...
2. alter function function1 set search_path to __function_schema__
The variable __function_schema__ is not evaluated, but is set "as it is" in the metadata of the function, which
thereforereads:
search_path: __function_schema__
Only when function1 is executed the variable is evaluated, namely "to the schema the function actually is in", in this
caseto 'my_schema'. If the schema is renamed, the search_path of function1 does not have to be changed, and is
neverthelessevaluated correctly again when the function is executed, now to the new schema name.