[HACKERS] search path security issue?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема [HACKERS] search path security issue?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] search path security issue?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
-hackers,

Please see the below:

"""
postgres=# create user foo;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# create schema foo;
CREATE SCHEMA
postgres=# alter role foo set search_path to 'foo';
ALTER ROLE
postgres=# \q
jd@jd-wks:~$ psql -U foo postgres
psql (9.6.5)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=> show search_path; search_path
------------- foo
(1 row)

postgres=> alter role foo set search_path to default;
ALTER ROLE
postgres=> show search_path; search_path
------------- foo
(1 row)

postgres=> \q

jd@jd-wks:~$ psql -U foo postgres
psql (9.6.5)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=> show search_path;   search_path
(1 row)

I get being able to change my search_path on the fly but it seems odd
that as user foo I can change my default search path?

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****