Re: BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable
Дата
Ответ на BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 10/11/21 5:25 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> User 'musttu' on IRC reported the following bug: After running "ALTER INDEX
> some_idx ALTER COLUMN expr SET (n_distinct=100)", the index and table become
> unusable. All further statements involving the table result in: "ERROR:
> operator class text_ops has no options".
>
> They reported this on the RDS version of 13.3, but I've been able to
> reproduce this on Debian with 13.4 and 14.0. It does not reproduce on 12.8,
> all statements succeed on that version.

This was broken by 911e702077 (Implement operator class parameters).
--
Vik Fearing