Re: [HACKERS] Another oddity in handling of WCO constraints inpostgres_fdw

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Another oddity in handling of WCO constraints inpostgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/10/05 20:06, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Since WCO ensures finally inserted values, we can't do other than
> acturally requesting for the values.

I think so too.

> So just merging WCO columns
> to RETURNING in deparsed query is ok. But can't we concatenate
> returningList and withCheckOptionList at more higher level?
> Specifically, just passing calculated used_attr to
> deparse(Insert|Update)Sql instead of returningList and
> withCheckOptionList separately.  Deparsed queries anyway forget
> the origin of requested columns.

We could do that, but I think that would need a bit more code to
postgresPlanForeignModify including changes to the deparseDeleteSql API
in addition to the deparse(Insert|Update)Sql APIs.  I prefer making high
level functions simple, so I'd vote for just passing withCheckOptionList
separately to deparse(Insert|Update)Sql, as proposed in the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita