Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/11/2023 19:29, Tristan Partin wrote:

>> This patch is missing a select(). It will busy loop until the connection
>> is established or cancelled.
>
> If I add a wait (select, poll, etc.), then I can't control-C during the
> blocking call, so it doesn't really solve the problem.

Hmm, they should return with EINTR on signal. At least on Linux; I'm not
sure how portable that is. See signal(7) man page, section "Interruption
of system calls and library functions by signal handlers". You could
also use a timeout like 5 s to ensure that you wake up and notice that
the signal was received eventually, even if it doesn't interrupt the
blocking call.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)