Re: PXGS vs TAP tests

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PXGS vs TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/20/21 10:45 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The recipe for running TAP tests in src/Makefile.global doesn't work for
>> the PGXS case. If you try it you get something like this:
>> Notice those bogus settings for top_builddir, PG_REGRESS and
>> REGRESS_SHLIB. The attached patch fixes this bug.
> OK, but does the 'prove_check' macro need similar adjustments?

No, PGXS doesn't support 'make check'. In the case of TAP tests it
really doesn't matter - you're not going to be running against a started
server anyway.

>> I removed the REGRESS_SHLIB setting altogether for the PGXS case - it's
>> not clear to me why we need it in a TAP test recipe at all.
> After some digging in the git history, it looks like it's there because
> of Noah's c09850992, which makes me wonder whether 017_shm.pl requires
> it.  If so, it'd make more sense perhaps for that one test script
> to set up the environment variable than to have it cluttering every TAP
> run.

Yeah, I'll do some testing.

> (In any case, please don't push this till after beta2 is tagged.
> We don't need possible test instability right now.)

Yes, of course.

cheers

andre

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PXGS vs TAP tests
От: Álvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in InvalidateObsoleteReplicationSlots()