Re: Couple of question on functions

От Vyacheslav Kalinin
Тема Re: Couple of question on functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> You might think it's "likely", but in fact no inlining will happen
> because you have a volatile argument that's used more than once inside
> the function body.  Inlining would change the results.

Yeah, right, apparently I overestimated chances of inilining, thanks for the hint, Tom. In fact in my project performance problem was caused by the fact that the analogue of f2sql() was declared SECURITY INVOKER and thus could not be inlined :-/. Uhm, does anyone else think inlining tips are worth mentioning in docs or it's just me?