Re: tests fail on windows with default git settings

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: tests fail on windows with default git settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-07-09 Tu 11:34 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 2024-07-09 Tu 9:52 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> What I suggest (see attached) is we run the diff command with
> --strip-trailing-cr on Windows. Then we just won't care if the expected file
> and/or the output file has CRs.

I was wondering about that too, but I wasn't sure we can rely on that flag
being supported...

I have 4 different diff.exe's on my ~6 week old build VM (not counting shims), all of which seem to support --strip-trailing-cr. Those builds came with:

- git
- VC++
- diffutils (installed by chocolatey)
- vcpkg

I think it's reasonable to assume it'll be supported.

Ok, cool. So I propose to patch the test_json_parser and pg_bsd_indent tests to use it on Windows, later today unless there's some objection.

As I was looking at this I wondered if there might be anywhere else that needed adjustment. One thing that occurred to me was that that maybe we should replace the use of "-w" in pg_regress.c with this rather less dangerous flag, so instead of ignoring any white space difference we would only ignore line end differences. The use of "-w" apparently dates back to 2009.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew

--