Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 3 - success!

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 3 - success!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Jun 17, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Matt Iskra wrote:

> Thanks Mr. Fuhr, I used the psql and it worked. The pgAdmin tool must
> have been having trouble with my schema qualified SQL code. The
> trigger and trigger function work properly now. Thanks again for the
> more generic function - I will have many tables that will be using a
> last_touch column and will be using that function.
>
> Hmmm... I saw the cursor you mention in my screenshot. I cannot
> remember if I put it there or if the pgAdmin tool put it there. The
> latter would be a nice debugging feature.
>
> Thanks everybody for all the help.

I don't think there is any problem with schema qualified code in
pgAdmin3. At least, I tried your function on the Mac version and did
not have any problems.

Did you by any chance copy and paste text from an example in the
documentation using your web browser? I have encountered problems with
this before where unexpected non-printing characters are put on the
clipboard.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL