Re: Why are quotes required around table / column names in SQL statements?

От missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Тема Re: Why are quotes required around table / column names in SQL statements?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:56:16 GMT, Wade Burlingame <bad@dog.bad> wrote:

>...and is there any way I can get rid of this requirement?  I'm just getting
>into PGSQL and I find the quotes very distracting.

I never use quotes on table or column names.

I think you only need them if you want to have capitalization
be significant to the name. Normally (with no quotes)
table == Table == TaBlE == TABLE

Quotes also allow you to use spaces in names.

Like I said, I never use this feature.