Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/11/2017 11:32 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> We have a schemas instead - the PostgreSQL schema is close to Oracle
> packages.

No. It isn't.

A Package is essentially a class with dependencies. It has nothing to do
with schemas outside of being named qualified. For example:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/packages.htm#i4362

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.