Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js
Дата
Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js  (Rasmus Porsager <rasmus@porsager.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On 1/8/20 3:06 PM, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> I recently finished a fast, 0 dependency driver for Node.js with a very user
> friendly api.

Congratulations!

> I think would be great to include in the documentation and the Wiki page
> (details below).

I went ahead and updated the list of drivers page[1] to include postgres.js

The list on the documentation page has not been updated for a long time
(at least the list) -- I went back through 9.4 and saw the same list.

I believe there was some discussion around updating the documentation
page[2] awhile back. I forget how the conclusion was reached (no
action), but I recall things being discussed were the
criteria/validation for how a driver is included in the documentation
and how to keep the list up-to-date.

(The wiki is able to keep up with the fluidity a bit more easily :)

Perhaps it's worth revisting? There are certainly reasons to keep a
maintained list in the documentation, with the noted pain that goes with
it (and I may have inadvertently volunteered myself) as users are more
likely to discover things there than the wiki page.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers#Drivers
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/external-interfaces.html