Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/16/16 8:52 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> If the explanation is just a few sentences long, I see no reason not
> to include it in the release notes.

As far as I can tell from the latest posted patch, the upgrade
instructions are

- To trigger recovery, create an empty file recovery.trigger instead of
recovery.conf.

- All parameters formerly in recovery.conf are now regular
postgresql.conf parameters.  For backward compatibility, recovery.conf
is read after postgresql.conf, but the parameters can now be put into
postgresql.conf if desired.

Some of that might be subject to patch review, but it's probably not
going to be much longer than that.  So I think that will fit well into
the usual release notes section.