Re: A strange GiST error message or fillfactor of GiST build

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: A strange GiST error message or fillfactor of GiST build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!

<6FBE12B2-4F59-4DB9-BDE9-62C8801189A8@yandex-team.ru>

>> We are passing freespace everywhere. Also, we pass GistInsertState, and GistState.
>> Maybe let's put GistState into GistInsertState, GistState already has free space, and pass just GistInsertState
everywhere?

> Yeah, I thought something like that first. GISTSTATE doesn't have
> freespace size but we could refactor so that all insert-related
> routines use GISTInsertState and make GISTBuildState have
> it. (patch 1) But this prevents future back-patching so I don't
> think this acceptable.

The patch looks good to me. Making code better for future development seem to me more important than backpatching this:
errorper se is cryptic but not threatening, it will be prevented by cube construction routines limitations.
But that is just my IMHO.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.