Re: Finding broken regex'es

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Finding broken regex'es
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Oct 2, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com> writes:
>> IIRC, if they're PERL compatible which it would seem from the php
>> function you're using, no.  Postgres supports POSIX regexes but not
>> (right now anyway) PERL regexes.
>
> Actually what we support are Tcl (Henry Spencer) regexes, which are
> about as powerful as Perl's but have a few minor incompatibilities.
> Tcl and Perl regexes are both supersets of the POSIX requirements.

Excellent point of information.  I was really just trying to focus on
why the Postgres regex engine wouldn't be equivalent to the matching
functionality of php's preg_* functions.  One example would be look
behind assertions.  Btw, am I crazy or do I remember someone
mentioning that support for Perl regexes possibly being added to
Postgres in the future.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com