Re: How to pipe the psql copy command to Unix 'Date' command

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: How to pipe the psql copy command to Unix 'Date' command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:30 PM, R Smith wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2009, at 11:07 AM, SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH wrote:
>
>> Thanks all
>> -Sharmila

Sorry, I'd started typing the sentence one say, back spaced and went
to type it another and it didn't really come out right.  It should
have been:

Run the full piped command with the unix 'time' utility.

I.e. if the full piped command was: cmd1 someargs | cmd2 someargs2 |
cmd3 someargs3

then run: time cmd1 someargs | cmd2 someargs2 | cmd3 someargs3

Erik Jones, Database Administrator
Engine Yard
Support, Scalability, Reliability
866.518.9273 x 260