Re: changing my password under cygwin

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: changing my password under cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Please ask this on the correct list, this has nothing to do with JDBC

On 3-May-06, at 5:01 AM, J. wrote:

I've got postgresql installed with cygwin under xp.  I need to alter my password but I can't find anything that works.  Everything I've tried so far hasn't made the change and gives no feedback as to what might be wrong.  Here is the command I use to run the psql tool:

psql -U username -d template1

Here are some things I've tried that didn't work:

alter user username with password 'userpass'

net user username userpass

This is the command I ran before I created my username, but now when I run it, it asks for a password which I either never knew or forgot:

psql -d template1

I could even delete the user and re-create it as long as I wouldn't lose access to the system.  Thanks.