Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Thiemo,

> On 17. Jan, 2021, at 11:23, Thiemo Kellner <thiemo@gelassene-pferde.biz> wrote:
>
> I would not do that. It is the work on the wrong end with doubtful result. Wouldn't it be better to reject
non-plain-textpostings?

coming to think of it:
+1

> While at it, is there a rule of thumb for the length of inline code - in comparison to attaching code files in
comparisonto using something like pastebin.com? I only found very coarse instructions on what to do on the lists. Have
Ibeen missing a link to a netiquette page?

no, there's no formal statement that I know of. But as you can see, I for example only quote the sentences or
paragraphsI refer to, which is what the old Netiquette said and which I find makes perfect sense. I also rarely quote
morethan one quote level, and only when absolutely necessary.

Cheers,
Paul

От: Thiemo Kellner
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?