Re: some more pg_dump refactoring

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: some more pg_dump refactoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 23 Jun 2020, at 14:57, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> Here is a patch to reorganize dumpFunc() and dumpAgg() in pg_dump, similar to
daa9fe8a5264a3f192efa5ddee8fb011ad9da365. Instead of repeating the almost same large query in each version branch, use
one
> query and add a few columns to the SELECT list depending on the
> version.  This saves a lot of duplication.
>
> I have tested this with various old versions of PostgreSQL I had available, but a bit more random testing with old
versionswould be welcome.

+1 from reading the patch and lightly testing it with the older versions I had
handy, and another big +1 on the refactoring to remove the duplication.

cheers ./daniel

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Curious - "logical replication launcher" (PID) existed with exit code 1