Re: Read-only access to temp tables for 2PC transactions

От Stas Kelvich
Тема Re: Read-only access to temp tables for 2PC transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 14 May 2019, at 12:53, Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> That is an attempt number N+1 to relax checks for a temporary table access
> in a transaction that is going to be prepared.

Konstantin Knizhnik made off-list review of this patch and spotted
few problems.

* Incorrect reasoning that ON COMMIT DELETE truncate mechanism
should be changed in order to allow preparing transactions with
read-only access to temp relations. It actually can be be leaved
as is. Things done in previous patch for ON COMMIT DELETE may be
a performance win, but not directly related to this topic so I've
deleted that part.

* Copy-paste error with check conditions in
relation_open/relation_try_open.

Fixed version attached.

--
Stas Kelvich