Re: Sequence Access Method WIP

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Sequence Access Method WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Nov 5, 2014, at 5:43 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I don't see how to make that work with ALTER SEQUENCE USING to be honest and I do care quite a lot about that
use-case(I think the ability to convert the "local" sequences to 3rd party ones and back is very important).

What specific problems do you foresee?  There's an issue if something depends on one of the added sequence columns, but
ifthat is the case then you had *better* fail.

I think that the debugability value of making extra sequence columns human-readable is quite high.

...Robert

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: tracking commit timestamps
От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: Sequence Access Method WIP