[HACKERS] Long binded parameter value in the postgres log

От Nikitin Nikolay
Тема [HACKERS] Long binded parameter value in the postgres log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi!

We insert many rows with long text and bytea (about 500 MB) values. In the postgres config we set log_min_duration_statement to 120 seconds.

If this statements work more 120 seconds then they will be written into the postgres log with parameter values.

As a result, the postgres log increases by 500MB for each statement.

I think the postgres should have a "max bind value log size" parameter. If a bind value is bigger then this parameter, it will be truncated.

And in the log its real size and its truncated part will be written.

Regards,

Nikolay Nikitin.

Email address: nikolay.nikitin@infowatch.com

PostgreSQL version: 9.4.11