Re: Remove Standby (SLAVE) from Primary (MASTER) - Postgres9.1

От Joanna Xu
Тема Re: Remove Standby (SLAVE) from Primary (MASTER) - Postgres9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We need to keep the data as it is so remving data fold is not feasible.
If I run "pg_ctl promote" on the slave to make it fail over, this will break the replication and then clean up the
configurationrelated to replication.  Any feedback?

Thanks,
Joanna

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:50 PM
To: Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>; Joanna Xu <Joanna.Xu@amdocs.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Remove Standby (SLAVE) from Primary (MASTER) - Postgres9.1

On 10/26/2016 04:43 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Joanna Xu <Joanna.Xu@amdocs.com> wrote:
>> I’ve been looking for a procedure (step by step) on how to remove
>> Standby
>> (SLAVE) from Primary (MASTER) for Postgres9.1 in google and the
>> archived postings, but no luck.
>
> Standby and master servers are two separate Postgres instances. So if
> you would like to remove a standby from a cluster. You just need to
> basically stop it, then remove its data folder. And you are done.
> There is no complicated science here.

Not sure that is what OP wants. From the original post:

" ...
2.       After the standby is removed from the primary, both of nodes
are in standalone configuration. "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy
statement,