window positions and two monitors

От Paul Mulroney
Тема window positions and two monitors
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi There,

I have a Macbook with a dual monitor setup - the second monitor is on the left hand side, and arranged so that the top
ofthat screen is above the main (primary) screen on the Macbook.  (The arrangement of the monitors is significant, as
thiscaused similar display problems with another app)

If I open pgAdmin3, and move one of the windows (eg the Query Tool window) over to the left hand monitor and resize it
sothat it fills the maximum space, then when I quit the app and re-start pgAdmin, and re-open that window again, it
openson the Macbook screen, but the window title bar opens underneath the toolbar - you cannot access the
close/minimise/zoombuttons, and you cannot move the window because on the Mac there’s nothing to click on.

I found if I chose “Default View”, quit pgAdmin and restart the app it seems to reset the positions, but it means
quittingthe app a lot!

pgAdmin version: 1.20.00 (Feb 3 2015, rev: REL-1_20_0)
OS: Mac OSX 10.10.3

Regards,
Paul.

Tips to Surviving Australia: Take good maps. Stopping to ask directions only works when there are people nearby.
(DouglasAdams)
--
Paul W. Mulroney                                                   We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney@logicaldevelopments.com.au        Trading as Logical Developments