Re: pgmemcache 1.0rc1...

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: pgmemcache 1.0rc1...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What exactly does pgmemcache do?

It's the PostgreSQL interface to memcached(8).  See
http://www.danga.com/memcached/ for more details.

> I am guessing it has to do with PostgreSQL, Memory, and Caching, but
> the
> readme listed below only talks about how to install it -- not what it
> does.

:)  Sorry, pgmemcache is probably only of use to those who know what
memcached(8) does.  That said, I invite you to read the below
presentation or look into memcached(8).  I'll get to writing what
pgmemcache can do sometime this weekend.

> When I tried to fetch this document, I get "Document not found":
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~seanc/pgmemcache/pgmemcache.pdf

Fixed.  Thanks for pointing that out. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden