Re: pgcrypto support for bcrypt $2b$ hashes

От Daniel Fone
Тема Re: pgcrypto support for bcrypt $2b$ hashes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 29/09/2021, at 2:33 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 28 Sep 2021, at 05:15, Daniel Fone <daniel@fone.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> On 26/09/2021, at 12:09 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>>
>>> Upgrading our crypt_blowfish.c to the upstream 1.3 version would be the correct
>>> fix IMO, but since we have a few local modifications it's not a drop-in.  I
>>> don't think it would be too hairy, but one needs to be very careful when
>>> dealing with crypto.
>>
>> My C experience is limited, but I can make an initial attempt if the effort would be worthwhile. Is this
realisticallya patch that a newcomer to the codebase should attempt?

> I don't see why not, the best first patches are those scratching an itch.  If
> you feel up for it then give it a go, I - and the rest of pgsql-hackers - can
> help if you need to bounce ideas.

I’m glad you said that. I couldn’t resist trying and have attached a patch. By referencing the respective git logs, I
didn’thave too much difficulty identifying the material changes in each codebase. I’ve documented all the
postgres-specificchanges to upstream in the header comment for each file.

Daniel

Вложения