Re: Code of Conduct plan

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Code of Conduct plan
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Jun 5, 2018, at 15:20, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I don't follow. Practically any organized group has rules around
> conduct, with varying degrees of formality, means of enforcement, etc.

I believe the objection is to setting up a separate CoC committee, rather than using the core team as the enforcement
mechanism.

This is more important than may be obvious.  Having a separation of the CoC committee and the organization that sets up
andsupervises the CoC committee is very important to prevent the perception, or the fact, that the CoC enforcement
mechanismis a Star Chamber that is answerable only to itself.  It also allows for an appeal mechanism.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com