Re: Memory usage on subselect

От Dan Field
Тема Re: Memory usage on subselect
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 24 May 2004, at 14:37, Tom Lane wrote:

> Dan Field <dof@llgc.org.uk> writes:
>> I have a similar problem with just one of my queries (although it
>> isn't
>> a sub select):
>
> You really ought to vacuum and/or analyze occasionally.  The EXPLAIN
> results show that the planner hasn't got any non-default statistics
> for any of these tables.

Wow, thanks for that. I'd been pulling my hair out for a couple of days
wondering where I was going wrong.
I went from 45 second queries down to sub second query lengths  after a
simple vacuum full analyze.

I've now added nightly and monthly cron jobs to do this for me in
future.

Out of curiosity, why is this deemed a DBA task rather than an
automated postgres task?

Once again, many thanks.

--
Dan Field <dof@llgc.org.uk> - Support Programmer: Cymru ar y we