Re: Unpredictable signal 11 crashes on Mac OS X

От Gareth Boden
Тема Re: Unpredictable signal 11 crashes on Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 03:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Gareth Boden <gareth.boden@egsgroup.com> writes:
>> We've been having a lot of problems with unpredicatable crashes with
>> 7.3.4 on OS X Server (10.2.6 and 10.2.8 exhibit the same behaviour).
>
> Have you looked into the possibility of bad hardware?  I routinely test
> PG on OS X (10.2.6 currently) and have never noticed any instability.

Thanks for that, Tom. We were heading down the same path with our
thoughts and are at this moment moving the database onto a backup
server to see if we have the same problems. I will let you know how we
get on.

On a separate note I can say that, with regard to crashing on very
large IN clauses, we have seen such behaviour exhibited on several
servers.  However that is no longer a problem for us since we have
removed the badly-written queries!

Regards
Gareth Boden

eGovernment Solutions Limited
Baird House, 15-17 St Cross Street, London EC1N 8UW
t: 020 7539 2815
f: 020 7539 2829
www.egsgroup.com