Re: Performance with the new security release?

От Anne Rosset
Тема Re: Performance with the new security release?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Steve,
Yes I see these messages in our log. Is there a solution to this?
Thanks,
Anne
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Singer [mailto:steve@ssinger.info]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 1:26 PM
To: Anne Rosset
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Performance with the new security release?

On 13-04-22 04:15 PM, Anne Rosset wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for your reply.
> We are now running  9.0.13. Before it was 9.0.7.
> How can I find out if we are running into this issue: "ie if
> statistics are no longer being updated because analyze can't get the exclusive lock for truncation"?

This issue is discussed in the thread
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMkU=1xYXOJp=jLAASPdSAqab-HwhA_tnRhy+JUe=4=b=v3KoQ@mail.gmail.com

If your seeing messages in your logs of the form:

automatic vacuum of table XXX.YYY cannot (re)acquire exclusive lock for truncate scan"

then you might be hitting this issue.

> I will dig into our logs to see for the query times.
> Thanks,
> Anne

Also which version were you running before?

> There were some changes to analyze/vacuum in the previous set of minor releases that could cause performance issues
insome cases (ie if statistics are no longer being updated because analyze can't get the

От: Steve Singer
Сообщение: Re: Performance with the new security release?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report