Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Kouhei Kaigai (kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com) wrote:
> > I initially intended to allow extensions to add their custom-path
> > based on their arbitrary decision, because the core backend cannot
> > have expectation towards the behavior of custom-plan.
> > However, of course, the custom-path that replaces built-in paths shall
> > have compatible behavior in spite of different implementation.
>
> I didn't ask this before but it's been on my mind for a while- how will
> this work for custom data types, ala the 'geometry' type from PostGIS?
> There's user-provided code that we have to execute to check equality for
> those, but they're not giving us CUDA code to run to perform that equality...

If custom-plan provider support the user-defined data types such as PostGIS,
it will be able to pick up these data types also, in addition to built-in
ones. It fully depends on coverage of the extension.
If not a supported data type, it is not a show-time of GPUs.

In my case, if PG-Strom can also have compatible code, but runnable on OpenCL,
of them, it will say "yes, I can handle this data type".

Thanks,
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>