Re: contrib/cache_scan (Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan?)

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: contrib/cache_scan (Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Also, I split the patches again because *demonstration* part is much
> > larger than the patches to the core backend. It will help reviewing.
> > * pgsql-v9.4-vacuum_page_hook.v11.patch
> >  -> It adds a hook for each page being vacuumed; that needs to synchronize
> >     the status of in-memory cache managed by extension.
> > * pgsql-v9.4-mvcc_allows_cache.v11.patch
> >  -> It allows to run HeapTupleSatisfiesVisibility() towards the tuples
> >     on the in-memory cache, not on the heap.
> > * pgsql-v9.4-example-cache_scan.v11.patch
> >  -> It demonstrates the usage of above two patches. It allows to scan
> >     a relation without storage access if possible.
>
> All the patches are good. The cache scan extension patch may need further
> refinement in terms of performance improvement but the same can be handled
> later also.
> So I am marking the patch as "ready for committer". Thanks for the patch.

Thanks for your dedicated efforts on these patches.

The smaller portions of above submission can be applied independent from the
custom-plan interface, and its scale is much smaller than contrib/ portion
(about 30lines in total).
If someone can pick them up individually from the extension portion, it also
makes sense. I intended to implement the extension portion as simple as I can,
for the demonstration purpose rather than performance, however, its scale is
about 2.5KL. :-(
Yes, I know the time pressure towards v9.4 final feature freeze....

Best regards,
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Is this a bug?
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Minimum supported version of Python?