Re: Does people favor to have matrix data type?

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: Does people favor to have matrix data type?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 05/29/2016 04:55 PM, Kouhei Kaigai wrote:
> > For the closer integration, it may be valuable if PL/R and PL/CUDA can exchange
> > the data structure with no serialization/de-serialization when PL/R code tries
> > to call SQL functions.
>
> I had been thinking about something similar. Maybe PL/R can create an
> extension within the R environment that wraps PL/CUDA directly or at the
> least provides a way to use a fast-path call. We should probably try to
> start out with one common use case to see how it might work and how much
> benefit there might be.

My thought is the second option above. If SPI interface supports fast-path
like 'F' protocol, it may become a natural way for other PLs also to
integrate SQL functions in other languages.

> > IIUC, pg.spi.exec("SELECT my_function(...)") is the only way to call SQL functions
> inside PL/R scripts.
>
> Correct (currently).
>
> BTW, this is starting to drift off topic I think -- perhaps we should
> continue off list?

Some elements are common for PostgreSQL (matrix data type and fastpath SPI
interface). I like to keep the discussion on the list.
Regarding to the PoC on a particular use case, it might be an off-list
discussion.

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Tom Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type
От: Haribabu Kommi
Сообщение: Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type