Re: CustomScan in a larger structure (RE: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c)

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: CustomScan in a larger structure (RE: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

At this moment, I tried to write up description at nodes/nodes.h.
The amount of description is about 100lines. It is on a borderline
whether we split off this chunk into another header file, in my sense.

On the other hands, I noticed that we cannot omit checks for individual
callbacks on CustomXXXX node type, ExtensibleNodeMethods is embedded in
the CustomXXXXMethods structure, thus we may have CustomXXXX node with
no extensible feature.
This manner is beneficial because extension does not need to register
the library and symbol name for serialization. So, CustomScan related
code still checks existence of individual callbacks.

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>