Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Let me back to the original concern and show possible options
we can take here. At least, the latest master is not usable to
implement custom-join logic without either of these options.

option-1)
Revert create_plan_recurse() to non-static function for extensions.
It is the simplest solution, however, it is still gray zone which
functions shall be public and whether we deal with the non-static
functions as a stable API or not.
IMO, we shouldn't treat non-static functions as stable APIs, even
if it can be called by extensions not only codes in another source
file. In fact, we usually changes definition of non-static functions
even though we know extensions uses. It is role of extension to
follow up the feature across major version.

option-2)
Tom's suggestion. Add a new list field of Path nodes on CustomPath,
then create_customscan_plan() will call static create_plan_recurse()
function to construct child plan nodes.
Probably, the attached patch will be an image of this enhancement,
but not tested yet, of course. Once we adopt this approach, I'll
adjust my PG-Strom code towards the new interface within 2 weeks
and report problems if any.

option-3)
Enforce authors of custom-scan provider to copy and paste createplan.c.
I really don't want this option and nobody will be happy.

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem
Сообщение: Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem