Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> > The attached patch integrates a suggestion from Ashutosh Bapat.
> > It allows to track set of relations involved in a join, but
> > replaced by foreign-/custom-scan. It enables to make correct
> > EXPLAIN output, if FDW/CSP driver makes human readable symbols
> > using deparse_expression() or others.
> >
> > Differences from v7 is identical with what I posted on the
> > join push-down support thread.
>
> I took a look at this patch today and noticed that it incorporates not
> only documentation for the new functionality it adds, but also for the
> custom-scan functionality whose documentation I previously excluded
> from commit on the grounds that it needed more work, especially to
> improve the English.  That decision was not popular at the time, and I
> think we need to remedy it before going further with this.  I had
> hoped that someone else would care about this work enough to help with
> the documentation, but it seems not, so today I went through the
> documentation in this patch, excluded all of the stuff specific to
> custom joins, and heavily edited the rest.  The result is attached.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll commit this; then, someone can rebase
> this patch over these changes and we can proceed from there.

Thanks for your help. I tried to check the documentation from the
implementation standpoint, however, I have no objection here.

Best regards,
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Seq Scan
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission