pg_dump potential bug

От Marcin Kowalski
Тема pg_dump potential bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi All...

I've got a slight problem with pg_dump in Postgres v7.0.3, in basically
duplicates all the data that it extracts

I do a
testdatabase>CREATE TABLE bob (number int4,description text);
testdatabase>INSERT INTO TABLE bob VALUES (4453,'This is just a test of
pg_dump');

then

kowalski@dagoba > pg_dump -t bob testdatabase
\connect - kowalski
CREATE TABLE "bob" (
        "number" int4,
        "description" text
);
CREATE TABLE "bob" (
        "number" int4,
        "description" text
);
COPY "bob" FROM stdin;
4453    This is just a test of pg_dump
\.
COPY "bob" FROM stdin;
4453    This is just a test of pg_dump
\.

As you can see the records are duplicated. I discovered this when I tried
to migrate from 7.0.3 to 7.1 and found performance suddenly took a terrible
dive. Is there a patch for pg_dump ??

Thanks for any help
MarCin