Re: [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 4/26/17 19:12, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Well, there are more DDL commands where it is possible to see "tuple
> concurrently updated" easily, an example is ALTER ROLE. So nothing is
> concurrent-proof with this code and I think needs a careful lookup
> because this error should never be something that is user-visible.

Yeah, it's been like this since time immemorial, so I don't think we
need a last minute fix now.

One thing we could do, since all catalog updates now go through
CatalogTupleUpdate(), is not use simple_heap_update() there but do the
heap_update() directly and provide a better user-facing error message.