Re: [GENERAL] btree index on a char(8) field (fwd)

От Frank Mandarino
Тема Re: [GENERAL] btree index on a char(8) field (fwd)
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] btree index on a char(8) field (fwd)  ("Gene Selkov, Jr." <selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov>)
Список pgsql-general
Gene,

Thanks for your response.

I knew from the programming documentation that the opclass was optional.
I'm pretty sure, although I will check again tonight, that I tried
creating the index without specifying the opclass, but I found that the
index was still not used in my example query.

Do you know which opclass that Postgres should choose for char(8) types?

Regards,
../fam
--
Frank A. Mandarino