Re: [HACKERS] More thoughts about FE/BE protocol

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More thoughts about FE/BE protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I gotta get off my duff and get with it, but I still plan to do it.

> I am wondering if the wondering if the start of 7.5 may not be a better
> time for such a massive change, and to give interfaces time to catch up.

(a) the problems are "swapped in" now; if I don't continue with this
work I'll probably forget a lot of the issues.

(b) there are some things in 7.3 --- autocommit being a big one --- that we
can *not* put off changing, or we'll be stuck with them forevermore.

(c) the interfaces do not have to catch up in time for 7.4 release,
because we'll still support the old protocol.