Re: Broken SSL tests in master

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Broken SSL tests in master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2016-12-01 14:43:04 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I get that, but this is the second time in very recent history that
>> I've broken something because there was code that wasn't compiled or
>> tests that weren't run by 'make check-world'.

> Well, I don't quite know what the alternative is. For some reason, which
> I don't quite understand personally, people care about security during
> regression tests runs. So we can't run the test automatedly.  And nobody
> has added a buildfarm module to run it manually on their servers either
> :(

I don't think there's much substitute for knowing what tests we have
available.

In the particular case at hand, I wonder if we could generate new test
certificates every time (or at least have an option to do that) rather
than relying on premade ones.  But I don't think it's realistic to imagine
that check-world will ever automatedly invoke every possible test.

Сообщение: Re: Broken SSL tests in master
Сообщение: Re: Broken SSL tests in master