Re: proposal - psql - use pager for \watch command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal - psql - use pager for \watch command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 7:07 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> út 13. 7. 2021 v 19:50 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
>>> ^C\watch cancelled
>>> regression=#

> Do we really need the extra text?  What about just \n, so you get:

> postgres=# \watch 1
> ...blah blah...
> ^C
> postgres=#

Fine by me.

> This affects all release branches too.  Should we bother to fix this
> there?  For them, I think the fix is just:

If we're doing something as nonintrusive as just adding a newline,
it'd probably be OK to backpatch.

The code needs a comment about why it's emitting a newline, though.
In particular, it had better explain why that should be conditional
on !pagerpipe, because that makes no sense to me.