Re: question about upper limit on TEXT size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: question about upper limit on TEXT size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Cindy <ctmoore@uci.edu> writes:
> Tom Lane writes:
>>>
>>> <blink> What Postgres version are you using?  If it's recent (7.1
>>> or later), could we see the full schema of your table?

> 7.2, on Solaris:

Hmph --- that certainly shouldn't have any trouble with a measly 50K
text value.  I wonder if you've somehow managed to turn off TOASTing
on this column?  Could we see the output of
    select * from pg_class where relname = 'searches';
and also the output of
    select attname,attstorage from pg_attribute where attrelid =
    (select oid from pg_class where relname = 'searches');
Do you see the same failure if you try to INSERT the data into
a freshly-created table, using the exact CREATE TABLE command you
just showed us?

> I could attach (or send separately) the exact INSERT command that generates
> the error message if you like.

If you want to send it to me (not the whole list), I'll be sure to try
it.  I'll bet a nickel that it'll work for me though ... there's
something odd about this, and I'm not sure what.