Re: --enable-odbc issue for Darwin/Mac OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: --enable-odbc issue for Darwin/Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Ronald Guest <ronald@pepsan.com> writes:
> /* Ignore malloc.h if we have STDC_HEADERS */
> #if defined(HAVE_MALLOC_H) && !defined(STDC_HEADERS)
> #       include <malloc.h>
> #endif

I'd vote for ripping those includes out altogether.  No other part of
our sources needs <malloc.h>, and I don't believe ODBC does or should
either.

In a larger sense, the ODBC driver is probably not nearly as portable
as the rest of Postgres, because it hasn't gotten wrung out on as many
platforms.  Maybe we ought to start compiling it by default (not for
7.1 though ;-)).