Re: What is an item pointer, anyway?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What is an item pointer, anyway?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 1:14 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> Attached draft patch adjusts code comments and error messages where a
>> line pointer is referred to as an item pointer. It turns out that this
>> practice isn't all that prevalent. Here are some specific concerns
>> that I had to think about when writing the patch, though:

> Ping? Any objections to pushing ahead with this?

Patch looks fine to me.  One minor quibble: in pruneheap.c you have

 /*
- * Prune specified item pointer or a HOT chain originating at that item.
+ * Prune specified line pointer or a HOT chain originating at that item.
  *
  * If the item is an index-referenced tuple (i.e. not a heap-only tuple),

Should "that item" also be re-worded, for consistency?