Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL

От Jose Miguel Pereira Tavares
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> The worst thing we could do is to intentionally try to stay less than
>> popular. There's a reason Linux is taking off and *BSD isn't really, and
>> it's not technology. (Sorry, Marc.)
>
>I think everyone can agree with that, including Marc.

    As long as it's not like "*BSD has better tech than Linux" kinda thing.

>We certainly have the power to add a license of our own.  BSDI has done
>this, as well as many other companies.  I don't want to wait until
>things get very busy and then try to address these issues.  We may
>decide we don't want to do anything, but I would like to decide that
>now.

    I don't quite understand why you think that a license change is neaded.
One of the things that made me into PostgreSQL was exactly it's license.

-------------------- Jose Miguel Pereira Tavares --------------------

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
        -- Friedrich Nietzsche