Re: [HACKERS] sort on huge table

От Aaron J. Seigo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] sort on huge table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
hi...

> Look what I found. I downloaded Linux kernel source for 2.2.0, and
> started looking for the word 'ahead' in the file system files.  I found
> that read-ahead seems to be controlled by f_reada, and look where I
> found it being turned off?  Seems like any seek turns off read-ahead on
> Linux.

the current kernel is 2.2.13... =)

that said, the fs/ext2/file.c is the same in 2.2.13 as it is in 2.2.0 (just
checked).. i'm going to put this out on the linux kernel mailing list and see
what comes back, though, as this seems to be an issue that should be
resolved if accurate....

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Sys Admin

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] sort on huge table
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] sort on huge table